– 1 lb ground beef
– 1 egg
– 3/4 cup bread crumbs
– 1/8 cup minced onion
– 1 tsp oregano
– 1 tsp black pepper
– 1 tsp parsley
– 1 tsp garlic salt
– 1 tbsp. Worcestershire
– 1 large jar spaghetti (tomato) sauce, or 16oz home-made sauce
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT spaghetti sauce together in a large bowl
- Shape mixture into 1 to 2 inch balls, place on cookie sheet 1 inch apart
- Bake in preheated oven for five minutes. Remove, turn each meatball over, and cook for an additional five minutes (they will not be fully cooked at this point).
- Place spaghetti sauce in a large sauce pan or pot.
- Place meatballs in sauce, coat thoroughly.
- Simmer on low for one hour.
- Serve over pasta, or on sub rolls with sauce and mozzarella cheese.