1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 cups fruit (canned, fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup white sugar (if using canned fruit, this can be omitted, since the fruit will be sweet enough on it’s own)
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– While oven starts to preheat, place butter (or margarine) in an 8″x8″ pan, and place in oven to melt butter.
– In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, 3/4 cup sugar and milk. Mix well to combine.
– Remove pan from oven and pour batter mixture on top of melted butter – **DO NOT MIX TOGETHER!**
– In a small saucepan, heat fruit and 1/2 cup sugar until warmed and a syrup forms of the sugar, and gently spoon fruit mixture over batter.
– Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
This seemed to be a hit with Calvin, who is very particular about his cobblers. We used two cups of frozen mixed berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries) and served with vanilla ice cream.